It’s important that you obtain our pre-authorisation for any hospital procedure that needs to be covered from your in-hospital benefit (core benefit bundle).
This cover could be for a planned or emergency hospital admission, specialised radiology, certain procedures done in the doctor’s rooms, at a day clinic or in a day ward, the 30-day post-hospitalisation benefit or treatment at a casualty ward.
- For any treatment that’s not an emergency – contact us as soon as you have all the details (see below). We need at least 48 hours to process your request.
- For emergencies and trauma treatment, contact us within two working days from being admitted.
You can obtain hospital pre-authorisation in the following ways:
- By logging in to the Fedhealth Family Room and following the steps
- By calling us on 0860 002 153 (Monday to Thursday, 08h30 – 19h00)
- By emailing us: email@example.com
Please have the following info at hand when you contact us:
- Your Fedhealth membership number
- Your date of birth
- Name and surname of the person being admitted (include dependant code if you have more than one family member with the same name)
- The date of admission and the proposed date of the operation or treatment
- The referring doctor’s name and telephone and practice numbers
- The name of the hospital with telephone and practice numbers
· For a CT scan, MRI or similar procedure, you’ll need the name of the radiology practice