For growing families
From R 1 907
flexiFED 3 is ideal for growing families, with generous maternity and comprehensive childhood benefits to take care of your precious bunch. Add to that access to a MediVault and Wallet for those unforeseen day-to-day medical expenses, and a valuable Threshold Benefit that kicks in once claims have reached the correct level, and you’re looking at good, all-round cover.
This refers to the procedures and treatments that take place in hospital which you’re covered for, under this option.
On this option, you’re covered for 26 chronic diseases as listed on the Chronic Disease List (CDL), PLUS an additional three.
This means unlimited cover for diseases on the CDL, as well as eczema, acne and allergic rhinitis for children, at a provider of your choice. Intermediate formulary and the Medicine Price List (MPL) apply.
This medical aid plan option also has a benefit of R3 000 per family for: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, generalised anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
This benefit includes the tests and healthcare assessments that ensure that your health is on the right track.
We want to optimise your health even more, which is why we offer extras to this hospital plan such as professional medical advice and a transport service when you need post-hospitalisation check-ups.
You pay back your MediVault over 12 months, interest-free.
- All pregnant members and dependants can join the Fedhealth Baby Programme.
- We cover four consultations with a midwife in- and out-of-hospital under our postnatal midwifery benefit.
- We cover a doula up to R3 000 per delivery.
- We cover one test with an audiologist per infant up to the Fedhealth Rate.
- You have access to the Paed-IQ advice line for all your paediatric questions.
- We cover take-home medicine for seven days per hospital event at 100% of the Medicine Price List.
- We will cover your follow-up treatment for 30 days once you get discharged from hospital, like physio, x-rays and pathology.
- You benefit from trauma treatment at a casualty ward – whether you’re admitted to the hospital or not. A R600 co-payment will apply per visit for non-PMBs (if you’re not admitted to hospital straight from casualty).
- You enjoy unlimited specialised radiology from the core benefit bundle if you get pre-authorisation from us. The first R2 300 for non-PMB MRI/CT scans will be for your account.
- Female contraception: We cover oral, patches, contraceptive rings, certain injectables and IUDs that include Mirena (prescribed by a GP or gynae, and not prescribed for acne).
Once you’ve reached the Threshold Level you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited GP visits at nominated network GPs!
- A basic dentistry benefit at a contracted dentist including x-rays, scaling and polishing, fillings, extractions and root canal.