The 21st century dad is no longer satisfied with a supporting role in his kids’ lives, he’s stepping up and is proud to share the load with his baby mama.
Although time is in short supply in our multitasking, digital lives, it’s all about being 100% present in the time that you do spend with your kids.
How can you tell if you’re taking your discipline techniques too far or not far enough? We've got some suggestions to help you ensure you parent positively
Social plans are just the thing to haul yourself out from under the covers! NOW is the time to think outside the box and make this winter the best one ever.
There’s no clever advice on how to avoid the charms of comfort food, but we’d like to pass on a few helpful tips to help you manage your weight during winter.
Many runners are familiar with the atmosphere and set-up of organised races. Some live for the ‘vibe’ and the cheering crowds, while others enjoy the water tables and not having to worry about traffic while they are pulling out all the stops to smash that PB.
With this year’s Sanlam Cape Town Marathon going virtual, however, and allowing runners to run their race anywhere in the world, it does mean that all participants should take extra safety precautions as they won’t have the physical support of the official race organisers along the route.
Here are some things to consider:
- When planning your route, ensure that you pick one that has sufficient water points, shops or garages so you can stay properly hydrated.
- Tell a friend/ family member what your route is, or better yet, arrange your own crew to cheer you on and provide support along the way.
- You’ll be running with your phone to access the SCTM race app. Most medical aids allow you to digitally access your medical aid membership card in case of emergency, so download yours on your phone beforehand. Fedhealth members can do this via the Fedhealth Member App or the WhatsApp service.
- Share your medical aid e-card in advance with a friend/ family member.
- Save your medical aid emergency services number in your phone. For Fedhealth members this number is 0860 333 432.
- Make sure your phone has sufficient charge before you hit the road!
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! October is already blazing hot in South Africa.
Fedhealth Medical Scheme goes the distance for our members by paying more from Risk to help day-to-day benefits last longer. Think female contraceptives, unlimited GP network visits and treatment in a casualty ward whether the member is admitted to hospital or not, all paid from Risk. Contact us on 0860 002 153 or visit fedhealth.co.za
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.